Lizard Man's Travels

This site is a journal of my travels and other adventures while I shift from doing postdoctoral research on tree frog ecology in Darwin, Australia, to research on digestive physiology of lizards and bats in Sede Boqer, Israel. Enough friends have been asking me for regular updates on this journey, that I thought this would be the best forum to keeep everyone up to date (including me).

Monday, August 20, 2007

The Grotto


Grotto
Originally uploaded by wandering lizard
After leaving the Bungle Bungles, we headed to Wyndham for a night, then on to Kununurra to pick up Mark (Katja's husband) for his weekend off. On the way to Wyndham, we came across the Grotto, a lovely place with a nice swimming hole and a very peaceful... well... grotto. The water was at the bottom of what would obviously be a huge waterfall in the wet, but it was just a dry, bedrock riverbed at this time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home