Lizard Man's Travels

This site is a journal of my travels and other adventures while I shift from doing postdoctoral research on tree frog ecology in Darwin, Australia, to research on digestive physiology of lizards and bats in Sede Boqer, Israel. Enough friends have been asking me for regular updates on this journey, that I thought this would be the best forum to keeep everyone up to date (including me).

Friday, September 28, 2007

More good news

Well, it seems that ARC is being generous to CDU folks this year. On Tuesday, Keith and I found out that ARC is going to fund our project on crocodile digestion. On Wednesday, we found out that they are also going to fund our project on frog water balance. Amazing! When we were wrtiting the grants, we sort of joked about the 'problem' of getting two different grants funded, and now we've got that 'problem'. To be honest, it's a problem I'm happy to deal with at this point. My main reaction is relief (after jumping around the room for a few minutes), because now I don't have to worry about finding an income in January. And I won't have to worry about getting shipped out of Australia because of an expired visa. Very nice.

The other big news this week is that Sarah has get engaged to Nudge. They were away in Alice Springs last week, and she came back with a ring full of diamonds. Looks like I'll have to find a new roommate soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home