Lizard Man's Travels

This site is a journal of my travels and other adventures while I shift from doing postdoctoral research on tree frog ecology in Darwin, Australia, to research on digestive physiology of lizards and bats in Sede Boqer, Israel. Enough friends have been asking me for regular updates on this journey, that I thought this would be the best forum to keeep everyone up to date (including me).

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Magnetic termites


magnetic termites
Originally uploaded by wandering lizard
A friend is studying these magnetic termites. We went to put little tents over a few mounds to see the effect on the mound temperature. Just over the hill, there was a pretty impressive storm. We managed to avoid getting wet. It's been a wet build-up season this year, with a lot of rain so far. Most days have seen a storm, and a few have been quite heavy (>50mm or 1 inch).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home